Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 84 - Florence to Cape Cod

I got away!

I feel as proud of myself as I did when I managed to leave California and all my friends there. This time I was leaving family so it was even harder. I had a really nice time in Florence, I felt right at home and I didn't have to worry about anything so it was extra relaxing. There was my aunt's cooking. My cousin's never-ending patience for playing cards with me. My uncle John's ridiculous knowledge of everything (saves on a lot of googling) Oh, and of course the dog, the cats, the birds... I'm not a fan of animals myself but when you're surrounded by people who love animals as much as these do it's impossible not to become attached to the little twerps.

On the road again

What the...? Seriously, what?

I'm in Cape Cod for the night, having called every single motel in Provincetown (at the tip of the Cape) and realising they were superexpensive I've settled for a nice motel in South Yarmouth. Tomorrow I will drive all the way up, have a good look around and then drive to Rhode Island where I'll be staying with Annie's family for the night. I can't wait!



Man, I love bridges.  Not that you could tell from the thousands of pictures of them on my blog...

Oh, and sunsets. Big fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment