Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 69 - Charleston to Wilmington

Oh Charleston!

In the daylight, Charleston did not disappoint. What a beaut. We visited graveyards and old houses and a lake and really enjoyed ourselves. Everyone we met was happy and friendly! I guess you would be, if you lived in Charleston.




Gas lamps everywhere


Rainbow Row









Bye Annie!

In Charleston I left Annie with her rucksack, her guitar and the two oranges she'd picked in St Augustine. It made me really sad to see her trundle off with her trademark despondent gait. For someone who has elected to walk several thousand miles, it sure don't look like like it comes natural. She's a funny creature. Also, she hates people worrying about her so I'm going to try to stop myself from thinking about whether she will find enough places to sleep or whether she will be sleeping behind a church in the rain. After Christmas I'm going to stay with Annie's parents in Rhode Island so I'm sure I will get a proper update then. It will also be interesting to hear what they think about her trip...


Myrtle Beach

On my way up to Wilmington I stopped at Myrtle Beach and kind of said goodbye to the ocean because I don't think I will be seeing it this up close again on my trip. I ended up mucking about in the sand for ages!





My trip so far. Kind of.

This is my warmest combination of clothes, you'll see them a lot!



Listen Americans, a lot of people (ME!) don't know when your holidays are. 

Other things I saw today

BEEEEautiful Motel 6 bedspread


I don't know what this 100 year flood level is but I keep seeing references to it

I may have wrecked my car a little... oops.



No comments:

Post a Comment