Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 83 - Florence

SNOW!!

This morning we had to clear the driveway of the snow that fell last night. It was great!! I'm sure I'd come to hate it if I had to do it every day but as a one off it was pretty cool!! My uncle has a snow blower that does most of the work but you still have to shovel a buttload of snow by hand.


That's a lot of snow to have fallen in one night, right?


I was not surprised to see big snowploughs...

... but I was surprised to learn that any Joe with a truck can pop a scoop on the front and freelance-plough!
First snow walk

My aunt has a blind dog she adopted from somewhere hot, like Arizona or somewhere. This is her first proper winter so she had never come across snow. We took her out for her first proper snow walk and she LOVED it. Didn't really understand it but definitely enjoyed it.

"Hi, I'm Rollie, nice to smell ya"

"Whoa, it's so cold!"

"And it smells of... cold?"

A few days ago I spoke to Amazon about replacing my broken Kindle and they told me I would have to pay for a new one because they no longer stock the one I have. I gave in and bought a fancy new Kindle Fire HD and that's what I'm writing this on . It's pretty cool though I guess not as satisfying to use as an actual iPad. Not that this is an iPad substitute of course. Oh well, it's a lot cheaper!

I've spent most of my time in Florence playing cards and doing a glow in the dark 1000 piece puzzle.

I realise there are a lot of typos in this- the keyboard on my new Kindle is a bit pants...

Frozen margaritas. Nuff said.


No comments:

Post a Comment