Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 59 - Fort Myers to Florida City

Alligator Alley

Today I did some more driving (surprise surprise) and had planned to visit the Everglades. I think I might be coming down with something though because instead I had to stop halfway here (it was only a three hour drive) to have a sleep and I still feel rough.  The road I was driving along to go West to East across Florida is nicknamed "Alligator Alley" because when it was built the sceptics said only alligators would use it.

I did go buy some fruit and veg from a famous place called "Robert is Here" where they had the strangest fruit I've ever seen and avocados the size of your head! They also, randomly, have goats out the back and they were all fighting with each other rather ferociously:



Boiled peanuts seem to be a Florida thing, I tried one, it was pretty grim - soft and soggy and salty.



This rather handsome goat was not fighting, he just wanted a cuddle off this lady goat's bottom



No comments:

Post a Comment