Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 75 - Harrisburg to Ramsey

Chocolate!

I went to Hershey in Philadelphia which is where Hershey chocolate is made (not sure if all of it is, I didn't pay for the whole tour) I went on a ride and saw the process of taking a pretty gross looking lump of cocoa beans into yummy chocolate.



Who knew Hershey owned all these brands?!? KitKat?! 




Check out the Hershey Kisses lamposts, one wrapped one unwrapped

Chocolate Avenue. For real!
They even have chocolate rollercoasters!




Amish!

I went to Lancaster and drove along the road that every tourist drives along to see the Amish on their horse drawn buggies. They don't like you taking their photos so I only snapped the back of some buggies (which is most of what I saw anyway!)





Family!

Very last minute, my father told me I had family in New Jersey (his cousin Tony and his wife Licky) and that I should go visit them. Thankfully, being latin warm hearted people, they did not blink an eye at the last minute phone call and welcomed me into their home and even took me out for dinner and frozen yoghurt! Yum.



In New Jersey you are not allowed to pump your own gas, so this guy in a hi-vis comes and does it for you. Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment