Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 62 - Florida City to Miami


Today was a bit of a frustrating day. I spent TWO HOURS in the post office posting all my Christmas presents. It was so awkward - after I'd spent almost an hour packaging everything up and filling in customs forms and then half and hour queuing, it took the one guy who was working 25 minutes to actually process my stuff because his system was down and he had to do everything three times and by hand. This meant that by the time I was done there was a HUGE queue behind me of really irate looking customers... I considered quitting halfway but I stayed strong!  Hopefully this will mean that you all get your presents on time. (I hasten to add that not all my blog readers should expect parcels - for example those of you following me in Malaysia whom I've never met should not hold your breath when the postman arrives... Soz)

I finally dragged myself away from my really nice hostel in Florida City. I decided to take some pictures of the garden so you can get a feel for it:










I drove to Miami and what a nightmare choice that decided to be!



Parking here is impossible and really expensive (again with the recurring towing dread) and in addition Art Basel, a huge art fair, is happening so all accommodation is twice the price. I'm beginning to realise that while my car has been a great friend to me so far, on the East Coast it may become a huge hindrance with a big parking bill...

I think I'm going to get out of here as soon as possible - considering going to watch the sunrise tomorrow and then head up to Orlando for some Disney magic.

Oh, before I forget! As I was driving into Miami I spoke to my brother's wife Maria on the (hands free) phone and she put my baby niece Isabella on and she said "Hola Natalia!" for the first time!!!!!!! She's only a baby! I almost crashed my car I was so excited! That made me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment