Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 78 - New York City to New Paltz

See you soon New York City!

This morning I left my super fancy hotel (did I mention my brother had put me up in a super fancy hotel in New York? Essex House, very fancy) and I went to see Alexander Maria and Isabella for the last time for a few days.
This is how fancy the hotel was... breakfast more expensive than most rooms I've stayed in!
We went for a short walk in the park and then Alexander (my oldest brother) and I went to fulfil our yearly tradition of going to a coffee shop and having The Talk. It seems like every time I come to New York I am in the middle of some existential crisis or other and it helps to talk to him. I inevitably end up sobbing but I guess he's used to it by now and he does have some good advice.

On the way out of Manhattan I went through (another) toll but there was no option to pay - you either had to have an EZPass (which I think is a device on your car) or they mail you a ticket for the $4. How can that possibly be more cost effective than having one of those machines that collect money???

Hello New York state!

By the time I left NYC it was later than I'd planned so I ended up driving to Yonkers, finding a Starbucks (again with the free wifi hunting, its the bane of my life!) and I found that there was a hostel in New Paltz, near Poughkeepsie. I forget why I think that name is so funny, but it definitely is.

The hostel I stayed in was nice though it was the first time I've been in a "mixed" dorm and it's just been me and one other guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment