Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 64 - Orlando to Cocoa

Disney - DONE

I am soooooo tired!

Originally, following everyone's advice, I had planned on spending two days in Walt Disney World - one day for Magic Kingdom and one day for Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Instead, I did all three in one marathon 13h Disneyday which has totally wiped me out.

I had lots of fun, I was really pleasantly surprised by some Disney things but then also a little disappointed by others. I guess, unlike with Jack Daniel's or Elvis, my opinion of the Disney brand is the same as it was when I started.

What I did in Disney

I met Jose at my hostel - he will be Goofy from next week, how cool is that?



Winnie the Pooh ride

Brand new "Under the Sea" ride in New Fantasyland




Peter Pan 

Flying over London, I felt right at home!
Space Mountain - really scary!


Loved this comedy show, it's really clever - they have the cartoon monsters interacting with the audience, really really funny

Most of the rides in Magic Kingdom have these little moving walkways to help you get on the ride so it doesn't have to stop - very clever

On Buzz Lightyear's ride you get guns

And you shoot fluorescengt aliens - pretty cool

Me, happy from shooting aliens


These guys who I think normally are there to clean also draw Disney characters on the floor in water

I managed to get a lot of free food by ordering the cheapest thing on the menu (chilli cheese fires, it's a side) and then piling it high with a bunch of stuff from the "fixing counter" Pretty sure that's not the idea but when they're charging 12 dollars for a burger this is a good way to eat a lot for five bucks. It doesn't look as good as it tasted...

My toothpaste exploded all over my bag and even though I warned every  security guard that checked my bag they all managed to get it on themselves...

It's like Bryce Canyon but in Florida!

This is a crooked bridge on Tom Sawyer Island which I relaly loved,  you just walk around  and it's really pretty and calm

The Presidents Hall is interesting and a great place for a post lunch sit down

All of Magic Kingdom is really quaint and nice to walk around  I guess  I was a little disappointed that every house was a shop or a restaurant 

Bye bye Magic Kingdom!

Hello Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios - really scary!! loved it

Beauty and the Beast 30min live action show - it was hilariously bad in parts but ok overall, bit too  much of my day went on this though

Tower of Terror 

There are so many strollers everywhere!!

These people were queuing almost three hours before the fireworks show!

Bye bye Hollywood Studios!
Hello Epcot!


Wow this could be the new motto for the park!

Italy in Epcot

Snow White was the only character I saw, she was really good! What a cool job

In China I saw these cool acrobats - that is a girl holding a table on her feet

And then spinning it and flipping it - incredible



A staff member in a shop in Epcot - loving the shirt!




Steve and Lenda - I sat with them through the fireworks, they were really nice, they have  annual passes

You have to give your fingerprint to be able to reuse your ticket

As I was leaving I got my "1st visit" badge - very exciting!

After Disney

By the time I left the park, picked up Jose at the Disney cast members accommodation and drove back to the hostel it was afte rmidnight. Unfortunately the guy running the hostel was a bit of a douche and made me feel really unwelcome so, even though I was exhausted, I decided to leave. I planned to drive to Cocoa and find a cheap motel but by the time I got there it was after 1am and everywhere was closed or expensive or dodgy looking. Eventually I found a policeman who pointed me in the diretion of a Motel 6 and I finally made it to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment