Friday, December 21, 2012

Day 76 - Ramsey to New York City

Bagels and a tour - nice!

My uncle/cousin (actually my dad's cousin but almost brother) Tony took me out this morning for breakfast and a tour of the area. We had bagels with sausage, egg and cheese. Basically, what McDonald's tries to do and (having seen the original) fails to do well at all. They were delicious!!

We then went for a drive and looked and pointed at all the huge houses - I believe the technical term is "McMansion"



What's that?!

A deer!!



Ramapo Reservation

We went for a short walk around where the locals go for walks and saw lots of fallen trees from Sandy - this is New Jersey don't forget.




Apples

Tony was shocked when I told him how difficult it has been for me to find fruit and vegetables in anything other than industrial quantities. He insisted on taking me to his local supermarket to prove to me that it is possible to buy individual apples!




New York City

Here's a Christmas wreath to distract you from the fact that we are ROBBING YOU BLIND!

Manhattan!

Man - ACTUAL - hattan!!!
I arrived and checked in to the very fancy hotel my fancy brother has paid for me to stay in (because his wife is about to give birth and her parents are in his house) and it is well fancy! I also found somewhere relatively cheap to park my car - $20 a day! So all in all I'm very pleased.

I've seen my niece Isabella who is huge (she's almost 2) and took most of the evening to get used to me. She's so cute! I look forward to spending more time with her when I come back next week.

Hey Natalie, I like the stickers on your laptop - can I eat them?

1 comment:

  1. Technically a "McMansion" is a big house built on a lot that seems too small for it, not quite fitting in with the houses around it (usually because it's replaced a smaller house that was torn down). I'm familiar with that part of New Jersey -- nothing "Mc" about those mansions!

    ReplyDelete